Saturday, December 6, 2008

Baby Names

We are having the hardest time figuring out what to name this little guy growing in my tummy. You see we don't want him to have a name that everyone has, but not a freaky weird name either. Like with Linus for example, people know it but it is not so common.
So anyways we had always planned to name baby boy #2 Ezra, however it is popping up all over the place, so this conflicts with us giving him a name that is not as common. So now we are just all up in arms and can't find/agree on a name. So the task at naming the baby is starting to get frustrating.
We still like Ezra and it is still not out of the question, we just don't want there to be a million all over the place. You see my point? Can anyone help me here? Any suggestions of where to find a name? Am I lame not to want to give him the same name as everyone else, even when I like it ( and liked it before it got popular)?

8 comments:

Jamy said...

You are not lame at all! We tried to do the same with our kids' names. Cameron was actually going to be named Hunter, but about a year before he was born, it suddenly became very popular. Although we LOVED the name, we felt the same thing: we didn't want him to be Hunter B. because there are 4 other Hunters in his class!!! Oh, and who knows if we're even moving. I'll probably just suck it up and teach piano lessons so we can stay! But thanks for noticing and caring! I'm suprised (and depressed) how many people could care less! =) We're all healthy at the moment. Wanna hang out sometime next week?!

Jeana said...

no i am the exact same way. it does make things complicated though. i don't want my kids to have to be madison A or madison C because 4 other kids in their class have their same name. i liked never having to be that way. but good luck we ended up settling on gunner, mostly cause deeg loves it. i know there are others out there but i haven't heard it lately. we really liked dax but every time i said it to someone they would say oh i know a dax or there is a dax in our ward, or something like that. so even though we really liked it i couldn't do it. so yeah good luck :)

Colleen said...

This site is fun:

http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager

It says Ezra was #342 in 2007, so that's not so bad. Linus doesn't even show up in 2007, so you did good there! I don't know what to tell you except good luck!

5 little speckled frogs said...

When we were @ the park a while back, there was another name (an E name?) that you mentioned - I think it was a family name - that I really liked too. I love the name Ezra - I only know 1 person named Ezra - my 2nd cousin who is about 12, but I agree that it's a name everyone has heard of. Chances are, there wouldn't be any Ezras in his class though. Grove has decided Gage is too common - I didn't love it anyway so I'm ok with something else...I don't know anyone named Gage, but everyone I know seems to know someone named Gage - mostly babies, so I think it is becoming more popular.

Erika said...

I'll bring my name book when we come.

KordelandHeather said...

the name Kordel isn't used very much! I only happen to know one.

Angelee said...

Bella was totally the same way. We tried to name her something else but she was just Bella. And Isabella was on the top 5 list. But I have only heard a few Bella's here and there and don't officially know any. I love the name Ezra! You'll know what's right. I love you dearly and hope you are feeling good. I would love to see your roundy tummy soon.

pappyu said...

So . . . we're having a baby too. And its a boy too. TWINNERS!!! We were thinking of names, and we finally decided on Lucas. Xiaoyu liked it, and it grew on me, so that's that. However, there were plenty of names that we were previously thinking of: Heber, Cry-Baby, Bruce, Darv, Rusty, Po, Linus 2, etc. So feel free to use any of those :) Oh, or you could name him Patricimo Greesymo Ripyourunderwearto Fuerto . . . that's a pretty good one, and only #2353 on the baby name chart!
(finally, I thought I already wrote something to you both about it, but I can't remember. So...just so you know we will be coming back to Utah to have the baby. We'll be back in Feb, will have the baby in May, and will be heading back out here in Sept. So you guys wanna play when we get back?)