Monday, June 16, 2008

Headbands!

So back in May my sister and I went to the Women's expo. They had these super cute headbands there and they don't hurt your head or slip around, so basically they stay put and don't squeeze your head until you get a headache. I had to get one, and I wanted to buy like 5 but they were a whopping $16-$18! So I decided to buy 1 and then figure out how to make it myself. This is the finished products below:

This is my crocheted version ( I am just learning how to crochet).

Here is the type that they had at the expo that I just ripped off my own version. You put 4 Velcro dots inside and it keeps it from slipping.
This is how is ties in the back. I like it because it does not push my hair up in the back so you can where them with your hair down.

4 comments:

Callie said...

You did a great job!
My cousin sales some that are simular for $10 or 6 for $50 and they have a loop in the back.
I think I might try them out!

Erika said...

You have to show me how to make them! I want one now!!! I should have gone to the expo with you. I regret it now. I think Ellie was a total pain that day anyway, but it was probably because she wasn't at the expo.

Callie said...

Yeah That's Hayley! She is awesome! She is going to make me an apron! I am way excited!

I going to start sewing as soon as I can get to a fabric store.

It seems like you have been doing it a lot lately. It is such a great tool to know.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, those are cute headbands! I can never wear them. They look stupid on me, but you wear them naturally! I am jealous!