Sunday, February 1, 2009

Roman Scott Harker!!!


He is finally here! I was scheduled to have a c-section on Feb. 3, but Roman decided to make an earlier apperance while the doc. was out of town.
Roman was born by c-section from the super neat partner of my doc. who was out of town, Dr. Jones. He came on Jan. 30, 2009 at 2:00am weighing in at 7lbs. 8 oz. and was 18 inches long. It is funny how we manage to have short babies when daddy in 6' 7".
I feel like the c-section went much much better this time (minus the spinal block that took 4 pokes and 10 minutes to place). Dr. Jones was great and was much more gentile than the butcher I had last time.
We are currently still in the hospital but hope to be gone either tonight of tomorrow morning. Roman is doing great and mommy is recovering much beter than the last time. We are so excited to finally have our sweet new baby boy with us!

Don't mind me looking a bit nasty.






16 comments:

jg said...

Congrats! I go to Dr. Watabe too and am going to have a C-section on Friday. I have been worried that I would go early this whole week that he has been out of town. But I hear that Dr. Jones is awesome!! Dr. Watabe did my last C-section and he was awesome! Your little one is soo cute, good luck with the weeks to come!

Em said...

Good job you guys! I'm glad he is here safe and sound!

Callie said...

He is so cute! I can't wait to see him! let me know when you are ready for visitors.

Peter and Katie said...

Dr. jones delivered my niece and my sister loved him. So glad everything went okay. He really is adorable. I can't wait to see him.

the keele's said...

dr jones is great to! so nice. i had to see him one time and he delivered 4 of my cousins babies! sad dr watabe was gona. he would have wanted to do it. but yea for roman being here. dr watabe and jones are a great team my c-section was amazing so i am not worried this time! anyway so happy when i get back i cant wait to see you and baby!!! i see dr watabe in 2 weeks!! maybe we will be there at the same time? haha

Nisha said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited to meet little Roman. He's so precious. Let me know when you'RE FEELING UP to visitors (SoPHie KEeps HIing caps lock)

LOVE YA!!!!

{Anne} said...

Oh yea he is here! He is beautiful! Congratualtions! I am so happy for you and your family! Best Wishes! I like his name too! Cute!

Erika said...

Oh I just love him! I wish I was there but tell him that his auntie says he's a stud.

Colleen said...

He really is sooo cute. Congrats guys!!!

Angelee said...

Roman is absolutely darling!!! I am so happy for you and your darling family. I'm glad that recovery has been better this time!!! Love you dearly and look forward to coming to visit when you're up for it... and maybe when RSV season is over.

Shumway's said...

kelly & Danny, He is absolutely beautiful. Crap, now I am totally baby hungry and impatient! I totally think he looks like Danny in the pictures. Lionus is yourside kell, and Roman (love the name!) is just like him. I sure hope you are feeling better and I will call sometime soon to see how you are feeling. I am so glad that you are not miserable like after your last Csection. The Dr. can make such a huge difference! Good luck and if you guys need anything just call 915-383-3178. -Sarah

Jeana said...

congrats kelly! he is darling, i'm glad everything went well, i love dr jones he really is great. i remeber you saying at one point that you struggle with baby blues. i do too, but with a little anxiety on top of that. and i found something natural that really helped me this time, so if you want to chat about it you can email me or message me on facebook:)

KordelandHeather said...

He's cute, I especially like the picture when he's trying to stretch in his cute little t-shirt. I just think babies look so cute in that silly t-shirt. Lots of love and I'm glad you're doing better this time!

Ashlee said...

Congrats Kelly he is seriously So freakin cute!!! I can't believe you had him that night! If you need anything even just a hug to get through the day give me a call I am not too far away! :)

KordelandHeather said...

Hey, I thought I'd let you know about this deal my friend is offering of no sitting fee. She's here in Lehi. http://currenphotography.blogspot.com/2009/02/casting-call.html
Just warning you, she sometimes wants a $100 minimum print order, so if you can't do that, let her know up front. I think she has her prices for prints on her photography website which you can access from her blog. No pressure, I just like hearing about deals myself. She did Shane's pictures and Kordel and I could be in it if we wanted, but mostly we just had our hands in the pictures...does that make sense? Anyway, I hope you're getting rest and recovering well. Let me know if you need help or a just a visit for sanity!

The Hebbs said...

no way another baby! WOW. I bet it is a great thing to be parent. We moved home officially to utha so we will have to get together! hope your doing well.