Tuesday, June 23, 2009

DI/Garage Sale/ Creative goodness!

Most of you all know how I love to shop at DI and yard sales. I usually walk away with some sweet stuff, that others might think look like junk, but I usually make it my own. I also have a bad habit of telling others how much I paid for my goods. It is just a thrill to spend a dollar on something and then spend another dollar on paint to fix it up plus maybe a half hour than walla! Much better than spending hundreds at Tai Pan for the same thing.
Above is some super cute jars I got at DI and put some yummies in. They were 75 cents each.
Spice rack. DI $1.
DI Wooden thingy $3, made into a diaper caddy. Our house has 3 levels and we need diapers on all 3, so before they were just all over. My friend Katie spotted this one.
Yard Sale $3, this is actually a bread pan, but I made it into another diaper caddy with a bow.
This mirror is hard to see the detail but it is so pretty. DI $3, I painted it an antique white.
DI 75 cents. I spray painted the lid black (it was orange), my friend Katie (and my DI buddy) found this one for me. I needed a cute jar for my button collection. These buttons started out as my Grandma's Grandma's. I love them, I used to play with them as a kid and now Linus does!
More cute jars, DI 75 cents!
DI self $1.50 BEFORE.
AFTER
FREE!!!! I needed a chair for my sewing table (also a yard sale find) and my friend Katie gave me this one that she also got for FREE! Here is the BEFORE pic.
AFTER, I covered the chair. With the help of my friends Katie and Nancy!
DI bowl $1, BEFORE.
AFTER.

I have much more to come so I will take photos when they are all done and post them! Thanks to my friend Katie for giving my some new insights!

5 comments:

Callie said...

I totally lovedoing that! and you've made some great things!
It sucks not having DI. We tried Good Will but since they are trying to make money offofthethingsthey sell WalMart is cheeper!

Bro Heber said...

Kelly you are awesome!

LieslPie said...

yay, i'm glad your blog isn't private anymore....now i can remember to check it!!!! i love befores and afters.... good finds!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah Baby! you're talented. I need your help with stuff for my house. and I can help you do other stuff he he.

Erika said...

Okay, that bowl is freakin awesome! And don't feel bad about bragging about your deals. I'm the one who calls you to tell you that I got something for $5. Which by the way, I got Ellie some shoes for $3.50 yesterday.