Monday, October 27, 2008

Kelly's Movie Monday!

I have decided that since Danny and I are HUGE movie buffs I would start "Movie Monday's." This is where I will share one of my favorite movies. So I will start with a favorite of Danny and I.


Pee-Wee's big adventure! Eccentric man-child Pee-Wee Herman embarks on the big adventure of his life across the US mainland, as he sets out to find his beloved bike, when it is stolen in broad daylight.
I am told that I had this film memorized at the age of 3 and mom had to hide it from me, see I was a Burton fan from the start! Later on when Danny and I were first dating he said that this was one of his favorite movies, at that moment I knew we were meant to be together. We watch this about once every 3 months or so.
This movie is packed with one liners and is so hysterical I don't know how anyone could not like it. Pee-Wee Herman (a.k.a. Paul Rubens) is such a classic character that every comedian should take some advice from this guy!This part in the film is so great! This was always my favorite part as a kid because Pee-Wee had such a cool house.
"DOTTY!" This is Dotty and she is in love with Pee-Wee, but he is so dumb he does not notice.
"Tell em' Large Marge sent ya" Possibly the most famous line in the film and when you see it you will know why.
"Boo ha ha"
I hope you will all check out this classic that brought two people together to make cute baby Linus'. Let me know what you think!

8 comments:

Nisha said...

Ooooohhhhh....I like this idea. Hey, how is Linus? Is he all better? It's still nice out this week, so let's play!!

Heather said...

You guys are nerds!! Too funny, Pee Wee always drove my mom crazy so we didn't watch him much at our house growing up. How fun to paint pumpkins! Linus looks so cute! I hope that you are starting to feel better. We find out Friday what we're having, we'll let you know!!

Emily said...

I had forgotten your pee-wee impersonation until I read this post. You were such a silly little girl...and you would drive all of us crazy with your pee-wee voice. :)

Erika said...

His talking chair thing always scared me though.

Dr. Nick said...

I think it is Borat for Kuulei and I. Haha not quite as romantic and cute. My favorite part is when Pee Wee is showing off on his bike and he goes..eeeaahhhh then does a flip off his bike when he hits the curb.

Michelle said...

I haven't been on blogs forever, you look so cute and I hope you are feeling good. Pee Wee is the best!

Kellybean said...

Hey Erika Pee Wee's chair is only on his playhouse not on big adventure.

Xan said...

All I can say is ROFL!