Friday, October 12, 2007

Do the ipod shuffle

So I got this idea from my brother and sister-in-law's page. What you do is put your itunes library, or music library on shuffle and then name the first ten songs that play. NO CHEATING! Even on those ones you might be ashamed to have. Okay so here goes mine:

1.' Sun in my Mouth' by Bjork- Those who know me well know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bjork! She is my all time favorite. My itunes Library has over 3500 songs and she manages to pop up first!

2.'Mushaboom' by Feist- I actually just got this album and this song is my favorite one on it!

3.'The Pretender' by The Foo Fighters- This song seriously does some good rocking in my world, like the kind you can jump on you bed too.

4. 'Offcell' by Pinback- Sweet band, one of my favorites! In fact Danny and I are going to see them live next weekend and I am so EXCITED!

5. 'Your New Aesthetic' by Jimmy Eat World- I like J.E.W. but I don't love them as much as you would think by my library, I have all their albums and b-sides and everything, but it is all by chance and I rarely listen to all of them, but I do love the occasional J.E.W. Rock out.

6. 'The Island' By Le Tigre- This song rocks my world! I love it! Le Tigre has some seriously good tunes. Not all of their tunes are good because of the nature of them, but the good ones are amazing!

7. 'Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn' by The White Stripes- So one day back in 2003 I decided to go by a cd based on the cd cover. I saw this cd cover of a weird looking dude and a cool looking girl on it and the girl was crying, it was all in black, red, and white. I thought the picture on the cover was artistic and interesting so I bought it, never have hearing of the band before. Best cd I ever bought under those circumstances and have been a big fan ever since.

8. 'Brothers in a Hotel Bed' by Death cab for Cutie- One of my favorite bands and a very good song, not my favorite of theirs but a good one. I miss the days when I used to pay $7 for a Death Cab ticket.

9. 'Russians' by Sting- I have loved Sting since I was little, including this political song, that I did not understand until I grew up.

10. 'The only living boy in New York' by Simon and Garfunkel- This is one of my favorite songs, and I think it is their very best song!

I am actually very surprised I did not have any of the ones I would be ashamed of pop up. Like I said I have over 3500 songs in my library so you can imagine I must have some, but I guess you will never know....

So now it is your turn!!!!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

K, I'll do another one. Here goes:

1. Hunted by a Freak - Mogwai... I'm not that into instrumental bands in general, but this is a great song.

2. Everything I Said - The Cranberries... Also not a huge fan of this band, but I'll listen to them occasionally. Good song.

3. Remarkable Things - Lorna... This album has really grown on me. This particular song is a little twangy for my taste, but gorgeous vocals and lyrics.

4. Desert Cantos - Early Day Miners... Another band Jim's more into than me. Okay song.

5. Secret of the Easy Yoke - Pedro the Lion... Okay band, okay song.

6. Palisade - Mineral... Okay, finally one I really love. One of the best lyricists ever.

7. Japanese Beetle - Midsummer... Great band, horrible mistake of a song. Seriously.

8. Pink Triangle - Weezer... I love this album!

9. The Immovable Motorist - The Gloria Record... Same vocalist as Mineral. Good song.

10. Mr. Brightside - The Killers - Awesome live.

Melanie said...

love the list kelly! we do have very similar lists!

{Anne} said...

Kelly- That is so cool that you did this iPod thing too. I was actually going to tag you because I know that you are really into music but then I saw on your blog that you had done it. Cool. I love alot of your songs. I love Death Cab and love love love Feist. You have cool taste. It was fun seeing you on Sat. at Target. Linus is so cute and you look awesome. I hope that we can get together soon. Love, Anne

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.