Sunday, July 13, 2008

Canada Trip

I finally went to Canada and saw where Danny was born! He was born in Raymond, Alberta but lived in the itty bitty town of Stirling until he was 3 years old. Danny spend many many summer vacations up in Canada as well. He had not been since just after his mission so we finally made the 12 hour drive along with Danny's dad and brother Nick.

Linus did great in the car but once we got there her was a terror. He did not like being away from home. We had a good time though, we stayed with Danny's aunt Kathy in Stirling 2 days and then his Uncle Grant in Lethbridge for 2 days. They were all so kind to us and took good care of us!

Within the first hour there Danny got attacked by a bird (we will save that story for another post). Then next day we went to Waterton national park for a day and it was so beautiful! On the way there we witnessed a police chase, it was crazy! The next day we hung around in Lethbridge and shopped (we had to get lots of Eat mores) that was fun and we also played Frisbee golf too.

We had fun on our trip and it was fun for me to see where Danny was born. Alberta is sort of like Utah, full of L.D.S. members and a church every few blocks. I also learned the Canadians really do say,"eh" and they also eat carrots at every supper.


Here we are at the border.Linus loved his 2nd cousin Melora, she was just his size. he walked right up to her and sat by her, it was so cute.

Us with Nick at Waterton.
Linus on the little beach in Waterton.
Danny and Linus throwing rocks while at Waterton, Linus was having lots of fun!
Us at Red Rock Canyon in Waterton.
Danny's dad Brent and I at the Red Rock canyon in Waterton.
These hay barrels are all over the place, even on the side of the highways.
This is a canola field, they are all over Alberta. They look so pretty, bright yellow amongst all the green.
Linus and his 2nd cousins Brinly and Ellie.
Finally here is Linus sleeping, he was so pooped he just fell asleep in the door way.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun trip! It looks beautiful! When I was in high school I was obsessed with hockey (watching - not playing) and so it was always my dream to go to Canada :) I have been to Toronto and it was a really beautiful city - I would love to see more of it!

Colleen said...

I'm glad you guys had fun!

leslie jo said...

I love Canada!!! I have step cousins in Rosemary and Raymond. We don't speak much now that grandpa is gone and the step grandma got re-married but I still love Canada. I am glad you had a good time!

Jody said...

Hey there kelly, Im glad you had a good time in Canada. Carrots everyday? That would be Coulters dream, he loves carrots. I have a blog now!

Callie said...

it sounds like you had a ton of fun! It is fun to travel and see new things! I've never been to Canada but I hope that I will get the chance some day!

Xan said...

Did your igloo melt?

Erika said...

Did you see Bears Hump at waterton? there's a hike that goes up to what's called "Bears Hump". I'll have to show you the picture. It's pretty funny.