Friday, July 25, 2008

My Ambulance ride.

So I feel like I need to post this, mostly for my neighbors. So on Monday there was a huge crowd outside watching me get loaded into an ambulance. Here is the crazy story.
So I am almost 12 weeks pregnant and I had been puking all day. This was not from morning sickness I later figure out, it is the stomach flu.
We had bought tics. to see The Dark Knight earlier in the day when I was not sick so since I wanted to see it SO BAD I thought I could get through it, but before it even started I was in the bathroom puking. Then all this sudden I had SEVERE pain in my abdomen and then I started to get those diarrhea cramps. So we left and on the way home we had to pull over to puke.
So we get home and I had even more SEVERE pain, I was puking uncontrollably and I had the diarrhea cramps, however I am a lucky one to get constipation during pregnancy and so I had no way of relieving it. In the mean time I started to get contractions so this makes the pain even worse. So anyways at this point I could not even talk or walk. Danny really didn't dare take me to the hospital himself and I was not about to get in the car.
So he called for an ambulance and this is where it all started. We were in the E.R for like 4 1/2 hours and they did an ultrasound and the baby looked good, which was a relief because at this point I expected the worst. So I was very dehydrated and I have to get I.V's and, then I had the flu and constipated on top of it, then to top it all off I got a bladder infection too. So all these combined equaled a number 11 on the pain scale. Seriously it was WORSE than labor, I have never felt such pain.
So now I am getting better but not fully recovered yet. That is my crazy story, I sure you all know a little more about me than you might have liked to know, but it goes with the story.
I am so grateful for my wonderful ward and family who have helped us out so much this week, we love you all!

14 comments:

Erika said...

I'm glad everything worked out okay. And I'm glad the doctor in the ER actually ordered an ultra sound for you. Unlike stupid doctors at Orem.

Jamy said...

Sheesh! A bladder infection too? When it rains it pours, right? I'm so relieved that you are okay. We were worried! Hope you're feeling all better now!

{Anne} said...

So sorry Kel. That is horrible! I am so glad that your baby was ok though. That would be so scary. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Nisha said...

Wow Kelly! I'm so glad you and baby are okay! A couple people called me that night to see if I knew what was going on. I hope you called someone to stay with Linus and he didn't have to go with you. I would've came over to watch him. You better call me when you're feeling crappy so I can take LInus! Sophie sure loves him :)

Julie said...

I am glad everything worked out okay for you. I know Rik and Jenny through my husband Scott. He and Rik are buddies and roomed together in college. And of course Jenny and I have become good friends since... that's about all of it. So Cummings... are you related to Gail?

Michelle said...

Wow! You've really been through it! I hope you are feeling better! Pregnancy is tough enough without all those extra problems! Let me know if you need anything!

raising4boys said...

Thanks for the update, hope you feel better really soon!!! So glad everything was okay with your little one!

Jenny said...

Happy baby's ok. I have heard of the worse when it comes to the flu...damn flu..

Glad you are doing well and my memory of you would have to be the Woomba and all of those giggly RS meetings...in the chapel... I love you!

One day we need to go to the park or something with Jilynn

Jenny said...

ok that's funny about the ol' Buckner's blog... Scott was Rik's roommate when we were "courting :-)

leslie jo said...

No fun Kell
Glad you are baby are well too.
Take care of yourself

Arin said...

Kell..I am so glad that you found my blog! Sorry its taken a little bit to get back to you. So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well...gotta love sickness...not really!! Keep in touch!

Callie said...

Well that is an experience I hope you will never have to repeat! I'm glad that all is well and I hope that you start feeling better! Love ya

and I hope that we can go on a fun Vacation together sometime!

Anonymous said...

kelly good to hear all is well...scary!!! I am happy for the 2 of you that you are having another baby!!! congrats

Shumway's said...

Kelly, I am glad that you are okay! I have experienced quite a few of those symptoms you described but never all at once. I feel for you lady!! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am excited to have your site address on mine now. I will check in often and comment so that it is like we are talking more often. Feel free to call anytime though. Well, I am glad that you are okay and miss you both tons. Keep bloging because I love your sense of humor!-sarah