Monday, July 14, 2008

My top 25 albums!



So these are my top 25 favorite albums. I mixed them all up because I could not put them in any order since I love them all, I never get sick of listening to any of them.
One of my hobbies is making cd's for people. I love to introduce people to great music.
I want you to tell me some of your favorite albums, and on Saturday I will choose one of you randomly and you will get a cd full of all my favorite songs off of these albums. I will even mail it to you if you are far away.

1. Depeche Mode- Violator. One of my first albums.
2. Pinback- Offcell. These guys have a great sound.
3. Sigur Ros- Takk. I like to explain this album as an experience.
4. The Clash- The Story of The Clash. Classic.
5. Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova-Once Soundtrack. These two are quite possibly the best male/female duo.
6. Bjork- Vespertine. This is the most beautiful album ever.
7. Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds- Live. Not the hugest Dave fan but him with Tim Reynolds is amazing.
8. Nine Inch Nails- Pretty Hate Machine. Probably the least sinister of the NIN albums and all the songs are great.
9. Le Tigre- The Island. Fun album.
10. Radiohead- Amnesiac. I had a hard time choosing my favorite Radiohead.
11. Imogene Heap- Speak For Yourself. Her voice is amazing.
12. Erasure- Erasure. By far their most experimental album, and it works.
13. Danny Elfman- Edward Scissorhands Soundtrack. I love Danny Elfman and I think this is his best work.
14. No Doubt- the Beacon Street Collection. This is their second album and I love how it is more ska than any of the others.
15. Sting- Fields of Gold. Classic songs.
16. Rufus Wainwright- Poses. This album is so great and Rufus has the best voice.
17. U2- War. First album ever! This is the one that started it all, it is most likely in my top 2.
18. Muse- Black Holes and Revelation. This album Rocks!
19. Death Cab for Cutie- Transatlantism. Had a hard deciding my favorite DCFC album but this one has a lot of favorites.
20. Tori Amos- Little Earthquakes. Another one of my first albums, classic and so amazing.
21. Oingo Boingo- Farewell Tour. Love love love it.
22. Fiona Apple- Tidal. This album is so open, Fiona really wears her heart on her sleeve.
23. Janusz Olejniczak playing Chopin- The Pianist Soundtrack. This is the BEST version of Chopin that I have heard.
24. The Con- Tegan and Sara. There best album, I listen to it all the time.
25. So Jealous- Tegan and Sara. This album has the BESTEST song on it EVER! So check out "Walking with a Ghost."


























10 comments:

Colleen said...

19 and 22 are two of my favorite albums too. :)

Jamy said...

BTW, these are not in any order.
Lisa Loeb-Tails. Kasey Chambers-Barricades & Brickwalls. Kasey Chambers- Wayward Angel. Dixie Chicks- Home (there is some AMAZING instrumentals on this one). Jason Mraz- Tonight not again (Live). SHeDaisy- The whole Shebang. (And yes, I am serious about this last one) A*Teens- Teen spirit. There ya go! Probably lame to most people but what can I say? I love em!

Hanna said...

I thought I would let you know that because of your recommendation I listened to So Jealous. I had never heard of them before...how uncultured am I??

Hanna said...

them as in Tegan and Sara...

Jeana said...

little earthquakes is one of my very favorite albums as well. i also really like her greatest hits cd that i have too. i don't even think i could narrow my music likes to 25. i am all over the board with my music taste.but i really enjoy tori

{Anne} said...

You have great taste!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you have an older sister who introduced you to several of these artists. Sharing a room with me wasn't all a waste.

Kellybean said...

it's totally true! Like over half of these were introduced to me by my big sister Heidi and big brother Scott. Thank goodness they had good taste in music to give me a start.

Monkeys' Mom said...

I LOVE the Pianist CD as well! It's so good. Funny story - I was playing that CD and Ainsley stopped and said, "Mommy, that's you!" (Because we were listening to one of the Nocturnes that I like to play on the piano and had been playing earlier that day.)

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

I'll second you on the Little Earthquakes album. I love it! I didn't listen to her until I met you, but she's the best! Congrats on being pregnant!