So as most of you know my husband is 6 foot 6 inches and he is actually one of the short ones in the family. Being so tall has spawned many rude/annoying jokes towards Danny and his brothers, not to mention the ones we get when we go out as couples and people see the height difference. So here are some of the rude things people say:
Stranger: Wow you are really tall!
Jim (Danny's Bro): uh Thanks.
Stranger: I did not say it was a compliment.
Then there has been may people ask Danny and I 'How it works.' Yes that is right they want to know how we have sex, complete strangers. Even when we were engaged my lovely sister said this," you know it is going to be really awkward right?" Yup she did say that.
Danny and I and his Brother and his wife (who are the same height difference as us) were coming our of a movie and some girl staring at us says to her friend," Oh my gosh! Did you see those couples? How tall and short?" She said it plenty loud for us to hear so I whirled around super fast and stared her down.
Then there is always the one about," Oh my gosh how tall are you?" we have decided to ask in response how much they weigh. The worst is when they do tell them how much they say," No your not" uh I think I would know.
And we can't forget the one where everyone you ever meet says," Do you play basketball?"
Which brings me to a great story I want to tell.
Danny was at lunch the other day and this old woman kept on staring at him and he thought, ha ha like I have never been stared at before. Then the old woman turned around and started to approach Danny, so he is thinking, Oh great here we go again. She approaches him and this is how it all went down:
Old Lady: One time I was at the store and I saw a really tall guy and a woman approached him and asked him if he played basketball, just then another woman tapped her on the shoulder and asked," Do you play Mini golf?"
Danny got a good laugh out of that and now has a good comeback when someone asks him that.
Really most of you might not think it would be offensive to ask such a question but if someone were to ask you if you played mini golf because you are short, I think you would be offended. Am I wrong?
11 comments:
That's pretty funny. I got a good laugh. One because I know how stupid I and other people are sometimes. And two because I love old people. I have a strange fascination with them. I believe they make the world much more entertaining.
=/ Sorry I was one of the rude ones!
See, you thought you were boring :)
I like the how much do you weigh comeback. I dare you to do it. I'll give you $5 if you can prove you did it. :)
Sorry Jamy,
Kelly said complete strangers though. You are one of Kelly's good friends!
danny
It's true Jamy, I was never offended when you asked because we were joking about it anyways, and you were not a stranger.
Yep, people are pretty awesome. My favorite is still:
Teenager at In-N-Out counter: How tall are you?
Jim: Six nine.
Teenager: Does that suck?
Jim laughed about that one for hours.
Kelly you get the tall jokes and I have the bald jokes.
Customer: Are you going through Chemo?
Peter: What? No.
Customer: Oh, well I saw the scar on your head and you are thinning on top so I figured you were.
or little girl on mission...
Girl: Can I draw a picture of you?
Peter: Sure.
Girl: Oh, I've never drawn a picture of a bald man.
and always... Riley has more hair than his dad
I thinks its awesome how tall Danny is. And he is the sweetest guy! I hope my boys are tall, but not so sure since I'm so short. (but Randy thinks they will be)
That last one made me laugh out loud. I think your being tall is worse than being short. I just look young, so I get the shocked looked when I say I am married, and then I shock them even more when I tell them I am 25!! I enjoyed the Mini Golf joke. Maybe Kelly and I could start a leauge or something...
So . . . how DOES it work? (Xiaoyu and I haven't really figured it out yet.)
That is funny! I have a friend that has the same prob. When asked if he plays/ed BB because he is tall he replies with no do you ride horses, like a horse jockey? That is another one but most people don't get it. What is the height diff between you and yours anyway?
Post a Comment