Friday, September 12, 2008

Women need to vote!

I have always known it is important for women to vote since I was in 5th grade and I learned about Susan B. Anthony and the many women who fought, some dying in the process, to have a right to vote.

So many women just don't vote and the thing is I think if the right was taken away from them then they would have a strong opinion about it. So why don't women vote? Do you vote? If not I recommend you watch this film, then YOU WILL VOTE! The only negative thing I have to say about the film is that stupid Hilary Swank is in it. Other than that it is great. I own it too if anyone wants to borrow it.

3 comments:

Jamy said...

I am guilty of not voting. I actually went last year to vote, but I didn't have my voting card with me, so it would take another hour before I could have voted. We had BOTH kids with us and had already been waiting 1 1/2 hrs.! I know, excuses excuses. So maybe I should see that movie. But ditto on Hilary Swank. She's so scary! Oh and thanks for the comments! Your comment about the 9-11 post was EXACTLY the point I was trying to make. I just didn't say it as eloquently as you. ;) I'm glad someone got what I meant, though!!!

Nisha said...

I love Iron Jawed Angels. I watched it in Womens Studies and I love Hilary Swank....sorry gals :)

Way to be a patriot Kelly :)

Hanna said...

I might just have to watch this movie...it seems right up my alley. I don't really like Ms. Swank either...there is just something about the way she acts...and her mouth...that bother me.