Monday, November 3, 2008

Movie Monday-The Life Aquatic

Toady's movie Monday is in my top 3 favorite films, it is "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou."
This is most likely one of the most well written comedies of this decade. It is very quirky ( as are most Wes Anderson films, the man is a genius) and full of classic on liners.
However I must say this film does take a specific kind of humor. You either LOVE it or HATE it. Some may be easily offended as well.

PLOT: When his partner is killed by the mysterious and possibly nonexistent Jaguar Shark, Steve Zissou and his Team Zissou crew set off for an expedition to hunt down the creature. Along with his estranged wife, a beautiful journalist and a co-pilot who could possibly be Zissou's son, the crew set off for one wild expedition.
ONE LINER: I suppose my favorite one liner from the film would be this:
"Esteban! He ate him he ate him, Esteban was eaten by a shark!"
I have another but it may not be appropriate.
RATING: This film is rated R due to it's "F bombs" and a random shot of a weird lady's boob (in a non sexual way).

Without his sidekicks (Stiller and Vaughn) Owen Wilson is quite capable of some great acting! This goes foe all the Wes Anderson films he is in.
This would be Bill Murry at his best!

4 comments:

Bro Heber said...

Seen it. Loved it.

Callie said...

I haven't seen it, But I will! It looks like a movie I would LOVE!!!!

Also I need to get the pictures from Nikki, before I can post them! But if you are lucky you'll be the first to Know!

Also- Linus is a cute little skunk! and brody had the same adorable costume!

See you SOON!

Jenny said...

i know you loved the boobies in it. We even purchased the soundtrack...you can buy the shoes..or at least you could a few years ago....but Angelica Houston's jewelry hurt me so, I wanted all of it. We are Wes Anderson fans and I love that you posted about the Life Aquatic.

All of his movies have great one liners... "their O R scrubs" Oh Are they?" Seriously wy do we not play


BTW Jan 16th and Boy #2....that is why for sure I puppies need to hang out!

Shumway's said...

Kelly, Hey, my phone number is 915-383-3178. Call me so I can set a time to come visit!!! I cant wait to see you guys!