I miss him very very much and wish so much that he could see my baby Linus. I am very grateful for having him as my dad and for the knowledge that I will see him again someday.
Here are some fun pictures and memories of my dad.
This picture was taken just 2 wks. before my dad passed away.
Taken just days before he died at his birthday party.
One of the many magazines dad was in for his running. I am grateful that my dad past on his same love for running on to me. He never forced us to run but I loved it and always wanted to be just like him.
Here is the kids and dad on Easter in 1984.
Me and my dad in my favorite shirt he had.
My baptism day.
My dad was a very quiet man but if he had something to say he would say it and we all loved him for that.
I have great memories of him coaching me. Also a fond memory of going running with him and my brother one Christmas morning.
Just 2 days before he past he took me out and bought me a brand new guitar, just cause he wanted too, which stuff like that did not happen often. I will always cherish it.
The day before he past was a Sunday and he had just been called to the high counsel in a BYU stake. I went to see him speak in his ward and then I stayed with him for the rest of Sunday, it was just me and him. He wanted me to stay because he said he would be lonely, he tried to bribe me by saying he would drive the car home with the top down (I made him put it up though because it messed my hair). We had a nice drive home when he told me he was proud of me. later that night he was ordained a High Priest and in his blessing they kept saying,"the lord needs good men right now." We had no idea what he meant until the next day. He died 6 days after 9/11 and I really believe that is what was meant when they said,"the lord needs good men right now." He needed to be there for those many lost souls.
I could go on and on but this post is already too long.
16 comments:
I love this post! your Dad was such a great man. I am thinking about him today too.
I remember one time when I hurt me knee running, he made some crazy concoction with chewing tobacco and wrapped it around my knee. It felt better in days.
I love your family & wish I got to see you guys more.
This post makes me want to cry. You are such a strong person to deal with something like this.
Kel, you know how much I love you for this. I was telling myself all week to call you today. Losing our dads helped bring us closer together and even though we don't see each other all the time I know that I can always count on you to know how I am feeling. I wish I had met your dad, but I know that he and my dad are friends, maybe even mission companions. You never told me about the blessing he recieved. That is amazing Kel. Always remember that. Love ya Kelly!
I'm pretty sure he met Linus. And he's probably giving the next one a pep talk right now on how to be a good kid for his/her mommy.
I wish I could have met him too.
I was going to say just what Erika did, I'm sure your dad spent years with Linus before you even had him. :)
I loved this. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I love hearing stories about people who have a strong connection with their parents. That's so neat that he got that blessing and even cooler you were able to recognize that as something special from the Lord. You're pretty amazing.
Love you Kelly. And I'm sure your dad is even more proud of who you are today!
Love you Kelly. We all know how happy your dad was before he left us. He loved each of you so much and spent time telling each of you right before he passed. We all have good memories to keep us going. I know how hard this day is for all of us. We all miss him and look forward to being a forever family someday. There is no doubt in my mind that your Father, Grand father and Uncle Roger have known and prepared each little grand child to come and to bless all of our lives. I know there is a special connection between each grandchild and their popa we have seen those small little miracles.
Thank you for the beautiful tribute to your dad.
Mom
i'm sorry about your dad, that was a beautiful tribute and it does make me cry. losing loved ones is so hard but thank goodness for the knoledge we have. my husband lost his father 11 years ago and even though our kids haven't met him in this life i know they know him. deegan had a really special experience about a year ago with his grandpa. it justs makes me know that they check in on their little ones. so i think linus definately knows his grandpa:)
I too love you and your whole family. Your dad was a good man and I will never forget my mom and I standing in her kitchen hugging and crying as she packed a suitcase to go be with your family the day it happened. Can't believe it's been 7 years.
Kelly,
I also cannot believe that it has been seven years! I remember it like it was just yesterday. You dad is a great man! He passed many great qualities to you. I am sure that he is greatful to have such strong children. I will never forget the times that I spent at your house and you dad's great sense of humor! I think that his Love for running was passed to me as well! I am not a great runner but It is one of my favorite things to do!
I think of your dad often and I will always remember the phone call that I recieved that night!
I Love you Kell!
I'm sorry for your loss, I remember hearing about it and it broke my heart. You have such a great attitude towards it all, I dont know that I could have that kind of strength! But you have a guardian angel now who's always looking after you =) That's something special..and I'm sure he has looked after your little ones in heaven =)
Kelly,
I never met your dad, but he raised a wonderful daughter who has shown an example of him and his faith! You have a great family and I'm sure he watches over you.
Kelly
I miss your daddy too! I too will never forget that day. He was and is a great man and I know he has prepared your kids and the others.
The thing I remember about your dad was his strong testimony, sense of humor and his voice. I never was fond of running, but I do remember his awesome voice! I remember the day he sang to Holly when she got her Young Womens Recognition I thought, I wish my dad could sing like that. What a beautiful tribute you wrote..
Thank you for sharing such a tender topic with us. You are loved and I am sure he does see Linus and I am pretty sure he's hanging out with munchkin #2 right now. Love you
Kelly I really liked your post on your dad. It will be cool to meet him someday.
Post a Comment