I had the opportunity to go to the midnight showing of Twilight this morning. I got a ticket because someone else who was going with my sister in law could not go. It was CRAZY! All 20 theaters were showing it (and sold out) at midnight as well as a 2:00am showing. There were some CRAZY HARDCORE fans there. Seriously there were groups of girls in prom dresses and others with vampire makeup, it was really quite entertaining, yet I was a little embarrassed for some people (mostly the middle aged women in dresses). So now to what you all wanna know, how was the film?Well honestly after all the hype I was a little disappointed. It was nowhere near as good as the book, which I was so hoping it would be. This way I could just watch the film whenever I want for 2 hours instead of reading the book for 10 hours. You see my point? It is such a good story you wanna hear it more than once. So back to my review.
I felt like it was a bit choppy. Like one minute Edward is avoiding Bella and then all this sudden they are in love, so there was not much of a build up like there was in the book. I also felt like you have to have read the book to fully appreciate the film, and that sucks because if your like me and not much of a reader, than it may not be so good (but luckily I read all the books).
The cast for the most part was better than expected, they did great. Carlisle was so great, I loved him being played by Peter Facinelli he did a great job and was not bad to look at either. I really liked Bella too, she just fit the character so well. Jasper was a little weird, he sort of looked like Edwadscissor Hands. And speaking of Edward, Edward Edward Edward, as for looks goes I think he was great I know most disagree but I think he is a handsome Edward. However he had a terrible American accent and at one point he sounded like he slipped into his Brit accent. But then again he was so good looking I was willing to look past it.
I was also disappointed in the meadow scene. I guess it just was not played up like it was in the book. Also Edward in the sun part was not at all what I expected, they looked like they just threw some glitter on him. I guess I was expecting him to be more shiny.
So anyways I still enjoyed the film and liked it and would for sure watch it again. It was just not as good as the book, which is typical, but I myself who is not much of a reader usually just watches the film versions of books so this is kind of my first experience reading a book and then comparing it to the film. Most avid readers probably go into films expecting it not to be as good, but I was expecting it to be as good, especially after all the hype. I for sure need to see it again though, because I might like it better the second time around. And I for sure want to go see it again to make a final decision.
6 comments:
I totally laughed out loud at your description of Jasper! He looked like such a freak! Those big, wide eyes through the WHOLE thing! I didn't like Carlisle. I felt like you could TOTALLY see his cake-y foundation on his face. I was so surprised with how much I loved Edward. And Bella. I went into thinking I was going to HATE it. And granted, some parts I did, but I was still really glad I saw it. Yes, the meadow scene was shameful. They were supposed to look like DIAMONDS! Anyways, I did a semi-review (at 4:00 am) so it might not make any sense. hahaha
Thanks for coming with us! It was fun! And even though I said I probably wouldn't see it again, I'm going again tomorrow night Scott and Stacey and her husband! I'll let you know what I think after seeing it a 2nd time and not being ready to fall asleep!
hmm...maybe I'll read the book first then. I want to enjoy the story
There was a 2 AM showing? Wow....hardcore. Glad you came to the game and Sophie and Linus had fun.
I defiantly thought the book was better. The movie left something to be desired.
Waiting until I don't have to stand in line :)
Post a Comment